Address: 8500 La Riviera Dr, Sacramento, CA 95826, United States
Located in Sacramento, California, the Glenbrook Large Dog Park is the perfect place to bring your pup. Sprawling across 17.46 acres, this park provides plenty of space for games of fetch while leaving plenty of room to explore. It is big enough to keep your dog entertained and has amenities such as drinking fountains and a poop bag dispenser- two necessities that can be hard to come by when out on a walk with your pup. So if you’re looking for a way to provide your pup with an afternoon of fresh air, exercise, and adventure all at once, head over to Glenbrook Large Dog Park and watch their tail wag!
This 17.46-acre park is equipped with the following amenities:
- GA1 Gazebo: 6 Tables 2 BBQ’s – The perfect spot for a backyard party! Whether you’re planning a birthday soiree, an outdoor wedding, or just want to hang out with your friends and family, GA1 Gazebo is the perfect place. With ample seating and two BBQs included in your rental, this gazebo can accommodate up to six guests at once.
- SB1 Softball Field – This is a great place to play and practice your skills! The field features an artificial turf surface with high-quality lines, allowing for accurate throws and catches. There are also lights for night games, plus concessions and restrooms for your convenience. Come out here with friends or family and have a ball!
- SCR 1 Soccer Field – SCR 1 Soccer Field is the perfect place to get your kick in! Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced player, this field has something for everyone. Its wide-open space and well-maintained grass make it the ideal spot for casual games, competitive matches, and everything in between.
- 3.87-acre Glenbrook River Access – This property offers a boat launch and access to the beautiful Bay. It also features a small picnic area, restrooms, and plenty of parking. Enjoy fishing or boating in this tranquil spot surrounded by nature! And if you’re feeling adventurous, hop on one of the many hiking trails nearby for some great views.
- Large Dog Park – Lots of running space and a big open area. There are plenty of places to relax and enjoy the sun, as well as benches to sit and watch your pup play. There’s also an obstacle course for the more adventurous pooches! Make sure you don’t forget the treats in case your pup gets tired from all the play. The large dog park is the perfect spot for big pups who need a bit of extra room to run around and let off some steam.
- Picnic Tables and Benches – Add a touch of style to your garden and enjoy the great outdoors with our range of picnic tables and benches. Perfect for al fresco dining or just relaxing in the sun, they’ve got something to suit everyone’s needs.
- Two parking lots: 56-space and 14-space – If you’re driving, there are two parking lots available at the park. The first lot is located close to the entrance and has ample space for visitor parking. The second lot is a bit farther away from the entrance but offers more secluded spots for those looking for a peaceful spot to relax.
Things to do in Glenbrook Large Dog Park
- Take a leisurely stroll with your pup – The walking trails in the park make it a great place to take a peaceful walk with your dog. Enjoy the sights of nature and let your pup explore all the amazing smells in this wonderful setting.
- Try agility training – If you’re looking for some mental stimulation for your pet, then agility training is the perfect activity. Let your pup practice their skills and have some fun at the same time.
- Have a picnic – Grab a blanket and spread it out on the grassy area of the park for a leisurely family lunch or dinner with your pup. Enjoying a meal together in such a picturesque setting is a great way to relax.
- Play fetch – The open field in the park is perfect for tossing around a ball or Frisbee with your pup. They’ll get some light exercise while having fun and you can enjoy watching them play.
- Visit the off-leash areas – The off-leash areas of Glenbrook Large Dog Park provide a safe and secure space for dogs to explore and socialize. It’s also a great opportunity to teach your pup how to play nicely with other dogs. It’s important that you keep an eye on them at all times though, as the areas are not supervised.
Sacramento, California is blessed with some of the area’s most gorgeous dog parks and playgrounds. Here’s a list of some of our favorites:
- Glenbrook Large Dog Park
- Sutter’s Landing Dog Park
- North Natomas Regional Dog Park
- Bannon Creek Dog Park
- Partner Park Dog Park
- Lynn Robie Off-Leash Dog Park
- Truitt Bark Park
- Howe Ave Park Off Leash Dog Park
- Sutter’s Landing Regional Park
All of these beautiful dog parks are located just a short distance from our historic location at 3015 H St in Sacramento! Stop by for a visit anytime!